Ferrari 348 TB
Heir to the Ferrari 328 GTB, the Ferrari 348 TB was actually a completely new car, which offered a new interpretation of the two-seater mid-engined V8 berlinetta. The body combined styling cues from the Testarossa – along the flanks – with ones from classic models of the past (such as the front-end treatment, reminiscent of the 375 MM).
On its debut in 1989, the Ferrari 348 set the car world on fire and soon became one of the most popular Ferrari model of all time.
Related content: Top Gear’s Jeremy Clarkson drives the Ferrari 348 and experiences first and the impact of the legendary red supercar.
The Ferrari 348TB in numbers:
- Engine: (F119D, F119G) DOHC, 32 Valve V8, 3405 cc / 207.77 cid
- Bore/Stroke: 85mm x 75mm
- Power: 300 bhp (224 kW) at 7200 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 238 lb/ft, 324 Nm at 4200 rpm
- Transmission: 5-speed manual
- Chassis: Steel platform & sub-frame
- Suspension: Independent all round
- Brakes: 4-wheel Disk ABS
- Max. Speed: 275 km/h (171 mph)
- Acceleration:0–100 km/h (62 mph): 5.6 s
- 0–161 km/h (100 mph): 11.5 s
- 1/4 mile : 13.8 s